Thursday, March 13, 2008

WILL THOSE DAYS RETURN???

A perplexing heading one might think!!! Life’s most cherished moments for every human happens mostly at his or her school life and my life wasn’t any different. I studied in a school called Don Bosco which is highly respected and known to many people as a disciplined school (ha ha!!). But ask the guys who studied there and you will reckon that discipline is only read in text books and spoken by our great teachers in class but no student ever dares to follow it. My school was hardly a ten minute walk from my house and therefore i had no problem waking up in the morning. My school opens at 8’o clock and my mom would start kicking from six thirty in the morning to wake me. Slowly but surely i would wake up at seven fifteen and have a daily dose of scolding from my mom and a terrorizing stare from my dad and leave home at seven forty five. Dad would drop me at school till i was in the fifth standard but after that he lost patience with me and told me to walk to school. Luckily i got a group of friends (about four or five of them!!) who were literally my neighbors and we started to go to school together everyday. Every day in school was fun and frolic and an unbelievable life of seventeen years without any worries cannot be visited again. Everything, from the first slap I got from my teacher at 4th standard to the first fag I had in my 11th std during my ooty excursion, to the farewell lunch provided by our management (first time we all wore a coat… sema comedy) still remains fresh in the minds of all my schoolmates. Every time I walk across my school with my friends the great life of our school days flashes through everybody’s mind. A special mention about the school teachers, they are like the comedians of the tamil and the telugu movies!!! They try many innovative ideas in order to make the students study but the students always had an answer to all the tricks provided by the teachers. Ultimately it is the student who wins the battle. Some teachers think of themselves as Shakespeare’s and try to speak which goes horribly wrong (open the window let the atmosphere come in!! is one of the few punch lines spoken by our chemistry teacher). Thinking of all those incidents makes me laugh even now. But life started to become pretty serious when everybody got into the final three years of our school lives. The time had come when people started to think about their careers (neither me nor my gang!!). Guys started to take up studies in a more serious way. As each day passed by, we knew deep inside our hearts that our precious school days were coming to an end. Accepting it was the hardest part of our lives. Though we guys have parted ways in search of our own careers our hearts still wander around the classrooms, the benches, the canteen, the cricket matches which our hearts cease to forget. But as many people would say if you have to gain something, you have to lose something. In this case we had to lose our lovely school days in order to pursue our career dreams. But everybody in their corner of their hearts will be hoping against hope if they could visit their college days again……..

WILL THOSE DAYS RETURN!!!!

-Prancing Horse

2 comments:

Donrulz said...

correct machi! No matter you grow to gr8 heights, Whenever v think of our school days it brings happiness to our hearts!Those memorable moments which remains pleasant for ever.

Kumaresh said...

kandipppaa varaaathu... no feelings... poi polappa paaru (with those sweet memories)